Finnishing second Jul 07
Some thought President Chirac might like to consider next time he fancies dissing another nation’s cuisine.
- The final IOC vote was London 54, Paris 50.
- A majority of four can be lost by two votes switching.
- Had there been a tie at 52-52, Jacques Rogge, the IOC President, had a casting vote.
- Although we don’t know how he would’ve voted, his name is Jacques.
- Paris could therefore have one if two IOC members who voted for London had stuck with Paris.
- Finland has two IOC members.